losing it...

Have you ever come to work, sit down ready to work and then you realize that you feel like you have lost your ministry? Today, I sort of have that sense. Maybe it's because I got selfish. I didn't yield control over to God more. I am not sure what or where this feeling came from.

Sometimes in youth ministry, we can get really discouraged about things. For me, there is a myriad of things going on at once. I have a hard time saying no to things when it comes to church work. It piles up. Specially since I have not been in my office for almost a month! Life has been somewhat difficult and different for me when it comes to Summer Youth Ministry.

I will always know that you have those dedicated few that go on trips and come to Bible studies. I love these students and adore them for their dedication to God and to the youth ministry of my church. However, sometimes we can feel like we have run out of steam. The engine is slowing down.

This is where the network of youth ministry comes in handy. I feel like I can ask for prayers. I don't normally do something like this, but I feel like it would be appropriate. At the same time, below, list some things I can pray about for your ministry or even yourself.

I came back from vacation last week and I can tell you that I feel refreshed. Somehow, I have hit a plateau and I am praying to God this morning that I relinquish control back to Him. I can't handle the fullness of the reigns that I tried to take from Him.

Do you ever feel this way? What are some things you do in the summer to keep momentum going? What do you do to help build relationships? How is your prayer time with God and your devotion time with God? Leave comments, prayer requests, prayers, or ideas down below!

3 comments:

Tim said...

Appreciated the honesty of the post. I don't think there is anyone in ministry that doesn't understand this. I know you are not looking for a sermon but for me, this points to the need of being filled by God because between life, family and ministry, it can all be very draining.

In addition to time-management strategies and so forth, I completely agree that the need for community in the forms of networking is very valuable.

Again solid post, thanks for sharing and let's include each other in our prayers.

CJ said...

My prayers are with you, Mark. I would just encourage you use the rest of the summer to focus on relationships, starting with your relationship with Jesus, your family & friends and your students. Less "stuff" and more connection always made summers refreshing for me, despite the business. Be blessed and hang tough!

Corey Gibson said...

Good post... Yes I do feel there needs to be a deeper connection (network) for youth pastors and youth ministries.

I know some youth pastor/ministry have guest speakers come in to refresh and charge the youth ministry. This give your student a different face and/or boost. It also shows the youth that you care and are investing in them by having others speak into their life. Was successful with our ministry!

A flourishing prayer and worship life is necessary.

Summer I think is a hard time for youth ministry especially if the leadership & students let it get that way. That's why most have summer camps, mission trips/service projects and fun activities throughout the week.er connection (network) for youth pastors and youth ministries.

I know some youth pastor/ministry have guest speakers come in to refresh and charge the youth ministry. This give your student a different face and/or boost. It also shows the youth that you care and are investing in them by having others speak into their life. Was successful with our ministry!

A flourishing prayer and worship life is necessary.

Summer I think is a hard time for youth ministry especially if the leadership & students let it get that way. That's why most have summer camps, mission trips/service projects and fun activities throughout the week.

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers