it's been a long time coming...

I have a lot going on in my own little world right now. I feel outright selfish about everything that is going on. You see, once in a while I kind of get in this funk. Don't know what it is, but it feels like you're walking down the hall and someone kicks the back of your knee to make you fall and you just can't get up. Maybe a better expression is that you get punched in the gut and the wind is knocked out of your body.

I had this happen to me about two weeks ago. I couldn't seem to get out of my funk. I had some great and exciting things planned for my youth group, we had a trip coming up, and I couldn't seem to get THAT excited about things. I wasn't excited until June 3, 2011 around 10:00 P.M.

We were on a mission trip to River of Life in Augusta, GA. This is the first time the youth group has been on River of Life or any kind mission trip to begin with. Each night we had share time and each student went around and told about there day or something funny or encouraging they did or saw on their work site. The first two days, people repeated each other, just using different lingo as the circle continued. Friday was the day that it changed. They started mentioning things about how they were really encouraged by God and to see ALL the work that had been done was just amazing and that they wanted to come back.

I felt this sudden compassion in my heart. I was like butter and just melted. I love my students and would do anything for them, but to hear them actually talk the way they did REALLY encouraged and lifted my spirits as well.

In youth ministry sometimes we can feel long winded and less encouraged. We can feel like we are so upbeat and uplifting all the time, who can lift us up? God has been so encouraging to me in the past few days and continues to lift my spirits today.

What has God done to you lately that has just lifted you out of the funk? I know we all go through it, but what is some words of encouragement to others or even me that might bring some wind back in the sails of other student pastors. Instead of looking at the glass half full or half empty, lets say look at how much water I have in the first place!

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers