exhausted...

I have not blogged in over 2 weeks! I have tried a few times, but it all felt like junk. The reason I have not been able to blog is because I have been going non stop with my youth ministry. We went on a 5 day mission trip to Augusta, GA. The next week we had VBS. We just got done with another mission trip (originally a choir tour) to Birmingham, AL to help one woman clean up the roof of her house out of the back of her yard. Tomorrow, we have our choir tour performance for the whole church. Tomorrow afternoon we go the local area children and youth camp called Camp Dooly. That goes until Wednesday. Can you get the trend here? I really have had NO time to blog.

However, when I had a few minutes of down time, I was trying to think of what to write and couldn't. I had constipation of the mind and couldn't write a thing. Suddenly, while getting some MUCH needed yard work done this morning, it hit me; I am running a marathon and I am in NO shape or form to be running one!

In youth ministry, the normal time to AMP IT UP for your ministry is generally the summer. It is a time to build relationships, hang out more with the students, and just be spontaneous with your schedule. However, I feel that this can hinder a youth ministry. Summer time is the time for trips, missions, and all kinds of fun. We need to remember that this is still spiritual development for our students. As we usher our graduates and bring in new students, this is the time to connect with the group and STILL CONTINUE TO HELP THEM DEVELOP!

Yet, I am exhausted. I have done so much and I have missed a lot of valuable time with my wife and dog. Always make sure that you spend time with family, otherwise it will come back and bite you. Before we can help spiritually develop our students we must keep our spiritual lives in tact as well.

With our hectic summer schedules in full effect, what are ways you are keeping the spiritual development in your group and in your own life? Share comments and suggestions or even questions below!

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers