daddy...

I was told by my father many years ago that he swore my first words were the profain version of crap. He says that we were in the car, someone cut him off and he screamed...this word. Soon after, he swears I said the same thing. I was a baby. I do not know if this is true or not. What I do know is that when my father was around, I looked at him in awe. I love(d) my father very much. Today, I am reflecting on Jesus and God's relationship. There was a time where God abandoned Jesus. A time where sin had free reign over the world.

It's the time of Easter and a lot of people are reflecting on the death and resurrection f Jesus. As I read through Luke's Gospel, we see that there was a time where Jesus felt that His Abba had abandoned Him. "Eloi, Eloi, Lama Sabachthani" Jesus screamed from the wood he was nailed to. My God, Daddy, why have you abandoned me? This is so hard to read. Even God had abandoned Jesus for the short time.

There is a theologian out there who would disagree. He believes that God was speaking to Jesus this whole time. And for this, we look back to Song of Songs 2:10-14, which states, "

Song of Solomon 2:10-14 (New Living Translation)

10 My lover said to me,
“Rise up, my darling!
Come away with me, my fair one!
11 Look, the winter is past,
and the rains are over and gone.
12 The flowers are springing up,
the season of singing birds[a] has come,
and the cooing of turtledoves fills the air.
13 The fig trees are forming young fruit,
and the fragrant grapevines are blossoming.
Rise up, my darling!
Come away with me, my fair one!”

14 My dove is hiding behind the rocks,

behind an outcrop on the cliff.

Let me see your face;
let me hear your voice.
For your voice is pleasant,
and your face is lovely.

God was welcoming Christ into heaven. He was telling Him that is was Okay. He had not left Him. There are many times in our youth ministry, our normal lives, that we will also cry Eloi Eloi, Lama Sabachthani! Christ has never left us. Christ will never abandon us.

Try this with me. Turn your palms upward and pray these seven sylobols, "Abba, I belong to you." Breathe in and say Abba. Breathe out and say I belong to you. This goes in perfect repetition with your breathing. God has been showing me many things over this past week. I have a renewed spirit. I have a spirit that God is transforming into something great. I am clinging to these words from Song of Songs 7:10 that says, "I am my beloved. His desire is for me." These words have never been more true for me and you.

Reflecting on Easter, let's look to the cross, hear the words Jesus spoke to Abba, and let's cry out to our Abba that we are his and his desire is for us.

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers