supply and demand...

This morning I was listening to 104.7 The Fish and they were sharing clips from Kevin and Taylor in the morning. I am guessing they were off the air today because this was from a previous show. However, they played a clip from an interview they conducted and it was just a normal listner. However, what she said was pretty profound in my opinion.

Philippians 4:19 says, "And the same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus." Usually, when I scan this passage, I would think that God is going to take care of me in my hard times, never let me down, supply a roof over my head, food in my stomach, and clothes on my back. However, after listening today, it turned my perspective a little.

When this passage says that God is going to "supply ALL your needs" I believe that He is going to be faithful to walk with me through all my trials and mountain peeks of life. God will provide for me not only with the physical things of life, but with the mental parts, the heart aches, the joys, and all other emotional and mental needs of my life.

I know we can claim these kinds of things all the time. I know I have said, especially recently, that God is going to provide for us, look what He has done in the past. Yet, when I am living and breathing today, I see that God's provision and grace never leave. They also do not show up at random times.

I can't use God like a vending machine. I can't demand all of these things with out doing the things He commands me to do. I can ask God for things and be patient. In the stillness is when we can hear the loud voice of God.

Today, I am challenging myself and all of the readers of this blog to really see where God is providing for you. He is supplying everything we need, even when we think we don't need it. God has watched out for me and given me the things I need at the perfect time for His plan according to my life (that was a REALLY oddly worded sentence). God loves us all and we must share that love with those around us. Speak softly and Love greatly! These are things that God supplies me with even now as I write this blog post.

When my greatest commandment is to love God and love others, I have faith in my God that He will supply me with these things. We can't demand things from God, He is not a genie or a vending machine. I will not be perfect in this, but as John Wesley stated, "I can only strive for perfection. With God's help, I will achieve this goal on while working and walking with Christ for the rest of my life."

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers