my own little world...

I am sitting here watching a TV show on tru tv called "Operation Repo". This is a show about a bunch of nasty looking people taking other peoples cars because they don't make payments. It shows the reactions of the people who's car is getting repossessed, how the repo men and women handle it, and the general day and life of the repo office. This is a very odd show. It is like a car accident, you kind of keep looking at it because we can't turn away from it.

Watching this show, sitting on my bed, and now blogging to my 3 readers, I am realizing that we are wasting time in our lives. I sit here, glued to the tv screen and computer screen trying to pass the time by. What happens to the lives of those who step out? What happens to those who are not just sitting on their butts and hands waiting for life to come to them?

These circus people on Operation Repo have to face a lot of different people every day; all walks of life. We all encounter tons of people every day as well. What are we doing to help change the world for the Kingdom of God? We are letting time pass us by and letting the world get the better of those around us. It is time to change. It's time to wake up, we have things to do!

Matthew West says it best in his new song, "My Own Little World" off the album "The Story of Your Life" :

In my own little world it hardly ever rains

I’ve never gone hungry, always felt safe

I got some money in my pocket, shoes on my feet

In my own little world

Population: me



I try to stay awake during Sunday morning church

I throw a twenty in the plate, but I never give ’til it hurts

And I turn off the news when I don’t like what I see

It’s easy to do when it’s

Population: me



What if there’s a bigger picture?

What if I’m missing out?

What if there’s a greater purpose

I could be living right now

Outside my own little world



Stopped at a red light, looked out my window

I saw a cardboard sign, said “Help this homeless widow”

And just above that sign was the face of a human

I thought to myself, “God, what have I been doing?”

So I rolled down the window and I looked her in the eye

Oh how many times have I just passed her by?

I gave her some money then I drove on through

And my own little world reached

Population: two



What if there’s a bigger picture?

What if I’m missing out?

What if there’s a greater purpose

That I could be living right now

Outside my own little world

My own little world



Father break my heart for what breaks Yours

Give me open hands and open doors

Put Your light in my eyes and let me see

That my own little world is not about me



What if there’s a bigger picture?

What if I’m missing out?

What if there’s a greater purpose

That I could be living right now

I don't wanna miss what matters

I wanna be reaching out

Show me the greater purpose

So I can start living right now

Outside my own little world

My own little world

My own little world

How many times are we stuck in our own little world? Oblivious to the things around us and those hurting around us. Sometime we are often so hurt ourselves, we let ourselves get down in the dumps of the world. We need a revival in our life.

Being in the absolute pits of life as I have been recently, God has truly brought revival into my life. I will be doing ministry in a church setting again. God has shown His provision to my family. Even in the darkest pit, God's light was still there. Genesis 1:4 says, "And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness" NLT.

If you sit in a dark room by yourself, and you turn on a light, what happens? You are able to see the light and see the things around you. I believe in Christ as I believe in the sun; not because I see it, but because by it, I see all things.

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers