organized...

There are many things that you learn as you grow in the ministry. I have been a youth minister for about 4 years now and I am still learning so much and how to run a successful ministry and have a sustainable ministry as well. One of the biggest things I need to learn is organization.

I lack the simplest organizational skills, but today I made a 6 week plan. I remember hearing from my mentor that I need to always be 6 weeks in advance in my planning. I thought I listened, but NOW I know for sure. God really burdened me last night. As I laid in bed, I prayed to God to give me some guidance and wisdom in the situation I was in.

If we are not organized, it is hard to run anything successfully. I have learned this the hard way, but I know now how to be. Today is day 1 of a new type of ministry for me. I am reculturing my youth group and I am excited to see what God is doing.

And just to show you all how awesome my youth group is, we went to a destination unknown last night. We went to Southern Belle Farm here in McDonough. Here is the group shot of us being....us.
God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Geoff, my mentor, has let me in on a lot of the inside track of ministry. The one thing he has always stressed is organization. It is hard for a ministry to run when you don't have organization. It also opens up a way to tweak plans if something is not working right with your group.

Geoff is a great man and has been in ministry a LONG time. He is old and that is cool, but I thank God every day for putting him in my path. God really uses Geoff in my life. Now this is not a blog post solely on Geoff, though I am sure he would love that.

The purpose of this post is to say one thing. Being organized in your life opens up a lot of different ways to let God work through you. If you are organized in your prayer life, this can overflow into your study time with Christ. The study time can pour into your ministry as you grow to know and mature in Christ. Organization is key. Christ will work through you regardless, let us just be a vessel for Christ to use us and to help us be organized around Him.

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers