humbled...

Today I write my blog post with a different outcome on life. You see, being humble is very important in life and today I sit here...corrected and humbled. Let me give you the back story of this, then I will tie it all in with Christ. I hope that whoever reads this blog can really feel Christ pour out through my posts.
It was a nice Tuesday afternoon about lunch time. Some local pastors around the Griffin/McDonough area and I went out to lunch together. Now the two pastors that I ate lunch with are both HUGE UGA fans. One even stated, "Consider this a giant rolling, red G (for the UGA symbol)."
As many of you know, I am a very big Auburn fan. Well the Auburn vs. UGA game was in a couple weeks from this lunch and me being the inexperienced youth pastor and young person that I am, I talked a lot of smack. I even did it on facebook.
WELL, come Sunday morning, I woke up humbled. As you see, UGA beat Auburn for the 4th year in a row. This was a sad day for me. However, I know that all the smack talk I did has a price and I will have to live with this fact for the next 363 days. All the smack I talked, well as they say, "Insert Foot Here".

All that being said, as I read my Bible this morning, I came across the story of the man who wanted to follow Jesus. This man has said that he lived a good life, has done everything according to the laws and scriptures, and wants to know what to do to follow Christ. Christ said that he must sell all his possessions and follow Him. The man could not do it.

Why do we struggle so much with all the things that we "have"? I thought Auburn had a decent football team. Regardless of football, I have been humbled in the fact that, I really don't own anything. Christ has blessed me with a position in life that I am in love with, and I can't do anything but lay down on my face and thank Him for all He has done for me. Each day I wake up, I see that Christ has given me another day to follow Him.

I talked with my senior high youth last night about discernment in the things that they do. How they should look at their lives and see where Christ is and is not in their lives. As I sat there telling them this, I remembered and shared with them the grief I felt, just that morning, about Christ in my life.

As I was sitting in the pew for Sunday morning church, I hit the icon on my iPhone for my Bible, but instead I hit the facebook icon (which is right next to it). I was hit with something write then. How often do I spend on facebook? How many times a day do I sit there and read about everyone else's lives and what they are doing? Then I thought, how often do I sit and read about God and update my statuses with Him?

We spend so much time in the possessions of this world and the things of this world, that we forget about the only possession that matters. That is that the spirit of Christ possesses us to go out and speak about Him in love to all those who want to hear it. We must share our faith with those around us, even if they know God. God can speak in many ways.

My prayer today is that you will spend less time on facebook, less time text messaging, less time watching TV, and spend more time living for God, understanding His word, and speaking to God about everything (update statuses with God) and talk about Christ to anyone who will hear it.
Soli Deo Gloria (To God be the glory)
Amen.

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers