pov (point of view)...

As I sit here in my office and I look around, I see floral pattern couches, floral pattern things hanging from the windows, orange cones, and 4 windows with the view of outside the church. This is great! I have an awesome office, that is messy beyond all belief and if someone came in here right now to have a meeting, I would be embarrassed to say the least.

I am the only person who can see through my eyes. You're probably reading this post and saying wow Mark, how obvious. My question to you is, how do we see through God's eyes? How do we have the vision that God has, so that we can see the un-loved, the untouched, the depressed, the lonely, the needy? How do we get on an HNL ('hole notha level) and get God's POV, or point of view.

Today, I got to teach in the Chapel service for our Academy. I got to teach to the K-2 kids and they are awesome! They are full of energy and life and love and it really brings me joy to see their faces. Today I shared a story of a rubber duck and how this person loved the rubber duck his parents gave him. In fact, it was his first gift from his parents. He had that duck seven years and then his dog got a hold of it. The duck was destroyed and the kid found the remainder of the pieces of put them in a box and buried the box out back. He loved that duck with all his heart, but it was time to let go.

1 John 3:1 says, 1How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him."

John writes here that the Father has lavished us, loved us, so much that we can be called Children of God! And that is what we are! I get excited thinking about our creative creator who loves me that much. He lavishes on me.

To see the pov of God, we must first accept Christ to become a believer. We must then walk a life that is worthy of our calling to God and it is then that we will see what God sees. We will have God eyes. We can easily get wrapped up in gifts and the rubber ducks of this world, and when we do we tend to lose focus because the focus is on horizontal and not vertical. Have a vertical view of life, between you and God and let God use you. The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him.

Having the God POV helps us show the world that we are children of God and that God wants to lavish on them as well!

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers