Jesus spoke, faces fell....


Yesterday was an eye opening experience for me. I would like to share with all 12 people that read my blog about how God totally changed my life yesterday and how He is going to continue to help me grow in a way that is unimaginable. I had a wake up call yesterday that scared the mess out of me and just humbled me to the point that the god was worshiping was god of Mark and not the God of all creation. This is an amazing story.
WARNING: You may get chills and your face may or may not melt because of the sheer awesomeness of God and how He works in some ways I will never understand. The shirt to the left explains my feelings about God...





So there I was in my office, ready for another Wednesday. I was actually just ready for the day to be over. I was bored, really just ready to go home. It was about 11:30ish and I was running through my emails, trying to figure out some things and who I should email.
Every day, I get a daily e-votional from Ed Young Jr. He is an amazing pastor out of Texas and if you know me, I talk about him a lot. Well usually I will glance at his posts, but for some reason I just felt like actually reading through it. (This is a good reason I could be in a slump, in fact it IS the reason I am in a slump). It was about building our foundation on the rock and not on the sand. After reading it, I thought to myself, you know this is true. We should build our house on the rock. Then I had my Bible next to me and I decided to go through and look for some underlines of the scripture, which is something that meant a lot to me at one time.

I opened up my Bible to 2 Peter chapter 2. There was one part in there that was highlighted but I decided to read a pretty big portion of the chapter instead. It really scared me! It started talking about building up your ministry around yourself and not on the foundation of Christ. I was thrown back in my chair. I started to get chills. God was speaking to me! Literally! It was one of the coolest things that have happened to me in a long time!

So then I went on over to 1 Peter to see what he was talking about and why he wrote what he did. I was in awe of what God said to me here. Look at this:1 peter 1:22-25
22Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart. 23For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24For,
"All men are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
25but the word of the Lord stands forever. And this is the word that was preached to you.

wow. That is all I can say when I read that. I will have many flowers in the field of my life, yet they will all fall because God remains forever! Victory in the end.

So I went to my youth and decided to share with them. God spoke right through me, and I really hope they understood it. After I read these verses I went home and I prayed loud, hard, and angry. I prayed a violent prayer. The prayer was shame at myself for letting me get this way. For letting me build an altar around me and not God. My foundation was around myself and Peter says that those will crumble and fall. It is amazing that we talk about foundations and rocks because Jesus called Peter the rock. He would set the foundation for Christianity as we know it. Let's look further into 1 Peter chapter 2 and see what he says about Christ being the foundation and the rock.

1 Peter 2:4-8

4As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him— 5you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6For in Scripture it says:
"See, I lay a stone in Zion,
a chosen and precious cornerstone,
and the one who trusts in him
will never be put to shame. 7Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,
"The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone,8and,
"A stone that causes men to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall.They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.

WOW again! Look at this. Jesus is the capstone. The stone the builder's rejected, would become the capstone. I had to look up what a capstone is and the capstone is the final choice; the finishing touch; the crowning achievement. I'll wait for the goosebumps to subside. Did anyone else just get chills?

Christ spoke to me. Though not audibly, I felt like He was sitting right in front of me and was yelling through a bull horn at me!
The Bible study last night, well let's just say that it was pretty amazing. God really spoke through me. I explained that today is day 1. Right now God has laid aside this time as a divine intervention with Him. We were all going to meet Him there and lay Him as the capstone and build our foundation upon His word and upon Him. I must be built up in Christ in order to teach Christ to others. How awesome is out God that He speaks directly to us when we need it the most. I needed this boost and this galactic slap in the face.

Is Christ your foundation? After all is said and done, is Christ going to be the capstone of your life? Is He the crowning achievement? My foundation is laid in Christ. I fell off the path, but baby I am back and ready for action. As should you be! I pray for those that read this blog post today get fired up in Christ and can feel the passion of Christ just through the words typed on this website.

Prayer:
Abba, may the capstone of our lives, be nothing less than you! May you bring the fire of passion in our lives and open our hearts and minds eyes to see what you see. Help us see the needy, the sick, the poor and help us have compassion upon those around us. Let us not miss an opportunity to build up more of our foundation upon you. We thank you for the life we can breathe today and how we can feel you all around us! Oh happiness that your grace is enough for us and the entire human race!
Amen.

Now pick your face up off the ground since it was just melted off by the power of Christ and go out and share the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those who need Him most!

1 comments:

Leslie Creswell said...

thanks, I needed that.

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers