overwhelming...

There is so much that goes on in our lives today. Some of us get so enthralled with the beat of every day life that we forget to take a second and rest. Even God rested. God's beat is a 6 and 1 beat.
I am no dummer. In fact, playing guitar, you would think would help my problems of keeping a beat. Sadly, no. My rhythm is about that of a child banging on pots and pans. absolutley none. And that is OK. I titled this blog overwhelming because of the feelings that I have right now. I feel overwhelmed. It could just be a case of the Monday's, but I just feel overwhelmed about a lot of things.
I am a people pleaser. I try to make everyone happy around me. In fact, when I took the Strength Finders 2.0 test, by Tom Rath, one of my top 5 strengths was Harmony. I like things to be equal around me and have a happy environment. Sometimes this is a bad strength to have. As I look at it, it is hard for me to say no to things. It is my biggest flaw. I try to be a servan to those around me and to God, but I don't leave any time for me.

Genesis 2:2 (New International Version)

2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested a]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[a] from all his work.

Even God rested. Why can't I? I have a lot to do today. My work load is pretty full. However, I know that what I am doing is for God. I need to rest. I need my rest. God needs me to rest. I am rejuvinated with the new lay out, the new plan of the youth group. I am excited to get upward basketball started soon. I am excited to be chairing the McDonough Tour of Homes this year. There is a lot going on in my life and over the next 6 months, I will be busier than I ever have been.

I need to find the beat of God. When I speak of finding the beat, I am reminded of the Atlanta Braves. Silly, I know. Their beat is the tomahawk chop. I am playing it in my head right now! However, this is not the beat of God. The beat of God is 6 and 1. My life is off rhythm right now. Today will be a busy day. I am busy for the purpose of God and for the advancement of the Kingdom. Find the beat of God in your life. Take 5 minutes today. Sit back, rest your eyes, clear your mind and resonate on the beat of God. Ponder on what God is doing and where God is in your life. Figure out the many apsects of God around you. It may take longer than five minutes. But go to a queit place and just sit with you and God for a while. Let Him hold you, nothing will be able to touch you.

I'll leave this blog with the words of Mercy Me's song "If I Could Sit with You a While":

When I cannot feel, when my wounds don't heal
Lord I humbly kneel, hidden in You
Lord, You are my life so I don't mind to die
Just as long as I am hidden in You

If I could just sit with You a while, if You could just hold me
Nothing could touch me though I'm wounded, though I die
If I could just sit with You a while, I need You to hold me
Moment by moment, 'till forever passes by

When I know I’ve sinned when I should have been
Crying out my God and hidden in you
Lord I need you now, more than I know how
So I humbly bow, hidden in you

If I could just sit with You a while, if You could just hold me
Nothing could touch me though I'm wounded, though I die
If I could just sit with You a while, I need You to hold me
Moment by moment, 'till forever passes by

If I could just sit with You a while, I need You to hold me
Moment by moment, 'till forever passes by

Moment by moment, 'till forever passes by

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers