bring it on...

Things, for me, have been wonderful as of recent. God has really been doing good things in my life. However, when I look at my friends and those closest to me, I see a lot of hurt going on right now. God is stirring up the pot right now. When the Kingdom of God is being advanced, the enemy comes at you full strength to stop it. He sends army after army after army to bring you down. My God is bigger than that.

When speaking with a friend, she told me the 3 words that her and her fellow staff members are doing. They are saying the words Bring It On! Wow. Let the chills settle. When I heard of the whole staff saying this, because this staff is opening up prayer and the battle is about to begin. Bring It On!

God is using me in a fantastic way. However, my faith feels like I am in the shallow end right now. I have my floaties on because I don't want to be pushed into the deep end. My friend is ready to be pushed. Her and her fellow staff are ready for the warfare that has come and is coming. We need a faith like that.

I am fired up because of some more news I hear of. It makes my heart hurt when I hear that a local house of worship is being clouded by our own agenda and trying to prevent the Kingdom from being moved. God is ready to do something big. I know that God is HUGE and bigger than we can ever imagine or fathom.

I want to call upon all those who read this blog or who may be reading it for the first time. I want ask you to open up violent prayer with God in the next few moments, the next few days, weeks, months or even years. When I use the term violent prayer, I don't mean anger. I mean prayer that is ready to wage war against the enemy. Let's take off the floaties of our shallow faith, let's jump into the deep end of God and prepare for what is ahead. I am really fired up today. God has many great things going on and I want all people to be ready for God.

I am not trying to make this a military call. I am not trying to make me look like I am holier than thou. All I am asking is that we have a check of our prayer lives. Are we just praying for our own needs? Are we praying for our own agenda? I look back to Tuesday night when my friend said these 3 words, Bring It On! Wow. I am ready to see what God has next. I got chills when she said that. The only times I normally get chills is when I hear of something God is doing, or I am SUPER cold. It was hot this night.

Ignite the fire of Christ back in our lives. Let's take 10 minutes to go to a quiet place and pray hard for what God is doing and what He will do. We all go through struggles. John 15:18-27 says it best:
18"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.'[b] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me. 22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin. 23He who hates me hates my Father as well. 24If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: 'They hated me without reason.'[c]
26"When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. 27And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

However, look at the verse right before these. John 15:17
17This is my command: Love each other.

Love each other. Pray for healing. Pray for the advancement of the Kingdom. Pray for love to be poured out through you to many, so that they may experience the love that you and I know. Pray for God to use you at work, school, home, on the streets or wherever you are. God is always around. Be prepared. Pray violently, but with a steady faith and a clear heart. Love each other. Know that when we go through things, Jesus has been through it first. We must have a heart of love towards others, even when hurt appears. We must edify one another and we must love on those hurting.

Where are you in your prayer life? Are you praying a violent prayer? Are you still in the shallow end of the pool just treading water for a shallow faith? I have been. I am now jumping in the deep end. Who wants to join?

1 comments:

stumblingdisciple said...

I'm jumping in with you head on, I'll even bring the dive sticks so we can dive down deeper. We're gonna finish the race, and keep the faith! -JH

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers