problems...

There has been a lot going on recently with some people I know very well. These people I have grown up with; these are the people I know and love. As of recent, there has been some problems that have gone on inside a local house of worship. It saddens my heart to see so much hurt spread so fast through this local house of worship.
For a long time, and this has been an on going "problem" for the past few months, I have tried to recuse myself from the situation. I have tried to remain neutral in this whole situation. I have often said that I will not use the Internet to stand on my soap box, unless for humor like my facebook status letters. I have tried my hardest to sit back, listen to both sides, and not involve myself in this local house of worships "problem".
I have seen on facebook, many posts of people who are hurting as a result of recent events. I have seen comments about the leadership of the local house of worship and how angry they are at the leadership involved. It makes me really sad to see all this happen.
I work in a local house of worship. God put it on my heart when I was 17 that I was going to be working with the youth of many communities to help their relationships with Christ. When I see problems in a church arise, I am often the one to run and hide. I am not one to hide from confrontation a lot of times, yet I often find myself scared of local house of worship issues.
What irritates me more is that sometimes the pettiness of people can get so big, that this cancer of a problem spreads. I will be honest, there have been times I have wanted to stir something up. There have been times, long ago, when I have seen things happen and not done a thing. I am tired of sitting in the shadows and letting God be pushed aside for our own agenda.
A local house of worship is just that, a local house of worship. Too often do we forget what a privilege it is to come to a place where God is and worship the creator of the universe. We will not always agree on everything when it comes to a worship service. Sometimes we want the KJV version more than the NSRV or NIV. Sometimes the anthem for the service did not fit the sermon title or subject of the sermon.
This blog is not a soap box. I will not use this blog for political platform. I will, however, use this blog to post my ideas, thoughts, and feelings on Christ. I have often found myself typing some pretty surface value things. Other things have been a little more deep. This has been on my heart for a while, and even though I am not directly involved in this local house of worships "problem", I am in the middle of the situation because of the person or persons involved in the whole thing.
I have discussed this ongoing inner struggle with several people. When thinking about how Christ sees this issue, I am reminded of a righteous anger that Jesus had.
John 2:13-22 (New International Version)
13When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!"
17His disciples remembered that it is written: "Zeal for your house will consume me."[a]
18Then the Jews demanded of him, "What miraculous sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?"
19Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."
20The Jews replied, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?" 21But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the Scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

Now this anger, was a righteous anger. Let me get this across, I am NOT angry at anyone or anything. The reason I write this plea to those who read this, is to put things aside for the purpose of God. I am as guilty as the next person that lets things cloud their vision for Christ.
When speaking to my pastor the other day, we were speaking about my new plan and lay out for the youth group here at our local house of worship. He spoke of concerns about this plan, to help me through wisdom and experience. He spoke to me that he lost sleep with some concerns I had. It really opened my eyes. I explained to him about right and left brain thinking, spouting off this and that and sounding really involved. I then spoke about people who have tunnel vision when it comes to the vision of the direction we are going. I said mine has been raised to panoramic vision. He said we need to have not just panoramic vision, we need to have a 360 degree view.
Wow. Words of wisdom. I sat back. I was quieted.
As I look back at the passage in John, the talk with my pastor, the "problem" at another local house of worship, and even the problems that happened to me in the past few weeks with other people, I realize that my vision was clouded as well.
The human side of me wants to jump to one side with the person or persons involved in this "problem" in a local house of worship. However, with prayer and reading and trusting in God, I have been able to calm my nerves and remain neutral. Christ has blessed me in this manner. I have been feeding on the manna of God. It is very hard for me as I watch people get hurt, see a cancer spread, and see a local house of worship potentially suffer.
To those who read this blog, it is my plea today; turn your eyes to Christ. People sometimes can not work together and that is a shame that our personalities can not mesh with others. I have seen it in my own life personally, as I have had a person tell me recently that they "expected more" when they looked at me. I knew of this person, but never mentioned a word to them until that time. I know hurt. I know pain. So does Christ. Christ took the cross for those who wanted to know Him personally, could, and He also did it to bring a relationship to all. The veil was torn when Christ died. We can go straight to Him.
Christ was angry when the temple was turned into a market place. This local house of worship was turned into something that was against God. Christ told the Jewish leaders that He would raise the temple in three days. What the leaders did not know is that Christ was speaking of Himself and not the building temple, which is what the Jewish leaders interpreted it as.
Christ shows great emotion, as a righteous emotion, when something came against the temple.
This local house of worship has been part of my life since I was in 3rd grade. I am saddened by the people involved and by other facets of this problem that has aroused. What I think does not matter. What does matter is the Christ is glorified through all of this. Will Christ be glorified through all of this?

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers