Leaving...

I have been a youth pastor now for just under 3 years. There have been a lot of struggles, stresses, and many other things that go with working in the ministry. One of the hardest things to do, however, is to pick up and move.

I am not one for sappy goodbyes, or anything like that. In fact, sometimes I prefer not to show any emotion. However, I am leaving my church and moving back to the home state of GA. I resigned December 20 from my church in Dadeville, AL.

It is a really bitter sweet affair. My last church I worked at was not that hard to say bye to. The students, of course, were hard to say goodbye to; but not that hard to leave the church. Now when I am leaving DFUMC, I get really sad. I have lost sleep and all I do is constantly think about my kids and where they will be in a year, who will be leading them etc. It is a tough road to go down, but I know that where I am going is going to be God filled.

Some of the students from the new group have been texting me, adding me as friends on facebook and just a lot of other things. They seem to be really excited about me coming, and this makes me think the whole transition is going to be pretty smooth.

I was dreading this morning. I cried last night, I cried today. I told my students and the church congregation that I was leaving on the 25th. What a crazy day. I tried to maintain my composure as I fumbled my words and told everyone I was leaving. One thing that meant a lot about me was that I got to help serve communion. This was very special to me.

Though I will miss my kids and miss the church, I know that I am in the will of God. I still have a lot of kinks to work out in my life, but this will be one of the first times in a LONG time that I know I am in the will of God. I am sad to leave my friends; I mean Auburn has been my home for the past 5 years. We all move on and so must I!

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers