Goin' out in style

Yesterday was my last day at Dadeville First. It was VERY bitter sweet, but I know God has huge plans for me and that church. It feels very surreal. I almost feel like I will be there next week, even though I know I won't. This weekend has been one of the best times in my life.

Saturday night, me and 15 of my friends went out to Buffalo Wild Wings. It was a good way to say bye to everyone close to me here in Auburn. It was awesome. Then Jeffrey and I dominated at Time Crisis 2. That's right, we went to the bowling alley and played video games. I also went on a Safari ride with him and Clint, and also shot some moose in Alaska. All in one day. And by all these adventures, I mean I played video games. Go ahead...I will wait on the judgment to pass. The good news is, Jeffrey and I saved the woman from the weird dude with one eye who can take 3 million shots to the body before dying. (Just in case you were worried)


Yesterday was the hardest day of my life. I had to say goodbye to the greatest group of kids ever. I love them so much. It was a great day. The church had a luncheon in my honor, I got to say a few words to everyone, and then some of the students stayed with me the whole day and hung out. And yes, I played video games then too. I also got to just hang with the students, play loud music, and laugh about great times we shared. I couldn't have asked for a better day. I cried a lot, and real men cry (read John 11:35).

I am so excited about being in the will of God. Though I may say it stinks to move, I know it is all part of the greater plan. God has huge plans for me McD First and I can't wait to just meet the new students, start a great ministry team, and show Christ to these students in a new, innovative and relevant way.

When I went to Chrysalis, back in November '02, we had a saying that is very common. God is good all the time and all the time God is good. I am so excited for Christ to reveal to me the next part of His plan for me. I will miss Auburn and Dadeville, all my students, and of course all my great friends I have here; but I know the Lord has plans for me. A card I got yesterday said the very well known verse in Jeremiah:
Jeremiah 29:11
(New International Version) 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

These words mean a lot to me and mean more to me now that I know what it is like to be in the will of God and fully depend on Him. I am still struggling with several things in my life, which I am in prayer for, but I know God is opening this huge opportunity for me to further His kingdom with the students that need it.

video

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers