five

The number five is good number. There are some people out there who like the number 5 because it is half way to 10. I know someone who only keeps the TV on volume of a number that ends in 5 or 0. I used to do this myself, but not that much anymore.

Today, for me and many others, the number 5 is a reminder of five years ago. When I was a senior in high school, Bill Venable Jr. and Coach V were both killed. It was a huge reality check for us when it happened. Life is really short. Remembering them today is a sad time for me. Bill was a friend of mine, not great friends or anything, but we did hang out on occasion. He was so funny and he loved the Lord. What really stood out to me in his and his dad's life was the way Christ spoke through their death.

The death of Christ, though really bloody and beaten, was the most beautiful act of love ever done. When I was at the funeral, and I looked around the packed out sanctuary, with people sitting out in the halls and the narthex, it was a reminder to me how something so tragic can be turned into a huge message from God.

I will never forget the NIGHT after the murder, and we had the candle light vidual at the school, Mrs. Venable came up with her son and daughter. Her first words were thank you, and then she proceeded to say she forgave the murderer and his family. She had no grudge against him. I was taken back by this act of love and forgiveness. I have never seen an act like that before. Now I am reminded of forgiveness a lot and see it more often. It has also taught me not to hold a grudge. What is the point? It can only hinder what God has planned for you and the other person.

I hope, from reading this post, that we understand that Christ does forgive. We can see Christ in a lot of actions through other people and instances in our lives. God loves you and forgives your sins. He says they are thrown as far as the east is from the west. Wow! I get chills just thinking about it.

Forgiveness has been very imenant in my life recently. With close friends and with other things in my life. God has truely blessed me with the best friends and support I could ever ask for. I am so grateful to God for His grace and forgiveness.

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers