Who are we?

Yesterday at church Baxter, my boss and pastor, was talking about John the Baptist. It was interesting to hear it, especially during the advent season. He talked about who we are as individuals in Christ. Who are we?
I have been awake since 6:30 Sunday morning. I don't know why I couldn't/can't sleep; but I just can't. Even taking Nyquil has not worked! I just have this feeling that there is something on my mind, but I am not sure what. However, over the past 24 hours I have had a lot of time to do some thinking. I think I have come to the conclusion that I am not sure who I am?
This may be confusing, but I have this lingering thought that sometimes I am not even sure who I am. I find myself changing my thoughts about God, life, lots of things like that. I believe that I have not lived to my fullest potential either. Someone at church called me a unique person, she said I was very average.
That kind of hit me hard. I have tried hard to be average?! My whole life I try at things I am interested in, and then I sort of give up. I feel like I have lost sight of where I am going and most importantly who I am. I have realized I don't want to be this cookie cutter, bland, average person. I feel and have always dreamed that God has had huge plans for me. Why have I not lived up to this dream I had?
I am relying on Christ more and more. Through this, my creative influence has gone up, my life has just been better. But to be called average, that really hurt! I am making a conscience effort now to do better at everything. To always give that 100%!
I am Christ's creation. God does not bless mediocrity, He will bless my best. Even if I fail, I know I can do anything with Christ and through Christ.

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers