a day can't be ruined..

Today me and my brother and some friends went to the Atlanta Falcons football game today.
The previous few days have not been good emotionally for me. However, today changed all of that.
In the reality of everything that has come to light in the past few days, life goes on. There is nothing that can change how I feel about God.

I was talking to a friend tonight about Heaven and about the enormity of God. Thinking outside the box of God and thinking that there was no beginning to God, and there is no end. Nothing new to anyone who knows God, but it shows the shear enormity of Him and how someone that huge can manifest themselves into human flesh and die for me.

My sins have been paid for. I can only live my life for Christ in pure worship.

Romans 6:5-7 (New International Version)

5If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection. 6For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

Paul said it best! I am no longer a slave to sin. I have been united with Christ through His death for me and for all. Whatever happens to me, whoever crosses my path, it is the will of God.

I do not regret anyone crossing my path. I even paid some guy $5 tonight for a CD I will never listen to. I ran into him at the gas station in Atlanta. He offered me some CD and would not leave me alone, and well I had $5 to spare. I don't know what the money will go towards and I really don't care. I hope it brings that man a closeness to Christ, somehow. God can make the most callous heart turn soft.

I go on a lot of tangents when I speak or write in this case. I am joyous in Christ. As I said, I do not regret anyone that crosses my path and those that have been as of recent I wish nothing but the best for them. I am sad as of recent events, but I know that everything that has happened has been great. They know who they are, and I hope through everything they learn that God is in full control. It has taken me 23 years to learn that God is in control. I want to control God, yet I am the one who has to chase the Holy Spirit. I can't make God chase me. My life is a full worship devoted to the God who died for me.

I am no longer in bondage to the old self. For that self has died and withered away. Living in my new life, my new self, with me being united in the death of Christ, I will be united with Him in the resurrection as well.

Colossians 3:15-17 (New International Version)

15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. 17And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Whoever, if anyone, reads this blog, I pray that you are renewed in Christ and encouraged to keep seeking Him. I am new to the whole blogging world, but through this I have a chance to reach the world. Keep seeking Christ in all that you do and be blessed through His grace that He offers you.


0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers