8 Foot Ceilings

I am new to this whole blogging world. I have been reading other blogs and finally decided to jump on the band wagon! I am a little excited because this can be a great thing. I am no writer by any means, but I will be sharing what I feel God is telling me at the time, what I am feeling, or just sharing something really cool! OK so here we go, my first attempt at a blog!

Ephesians 4:9-10 says "9(What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions? 10He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.)"

I read this verse on Wednesday night at a Bible study at Parkway. I'll be honest, all I remember was talking about the direction for the college group and what we feel we could do. When I came across this verse, it was all I thought about. That and who Auburn might hire for their next coach!

When I read it, I was reminded of this book I am currently reading by Mark Batterson called "Wild Goose Chase". This book tells and explains how we cage up God. It tells us how we have been caged our whole lives and instead of taking that wild goose chase towards the Holy Spirit, we are making God into what we want. We try to make God pursue us.
Don't get me wrong, I feel that God does pursue us, for the sake of salvation and grace. We must also be pursuing the Holy Spirit in the same aspect. The reason Mark Batterson refers to the chase of the Holy Spirit as a wild goose chase is because we do not know where it will take us.

This book has opened my eyes as to how I have put these cages on God. I try to confine Him and put Him in an 8 foot ceiling. I have been putting a cage around God for a long time. Being in online school, I spend a lot of time at home. I miss the stimulus of the classroom.

Someone once told me their friend said that the Gospel is a go and tell gospel, not a wait and see. I have been spending way too much time in the confines of my house. I say I will read the Bible, grow in my relationship with Him, but I avoid it. I am putting away the bill of responsibility. I feel lackadaisical in my work and in life. Then I figured it out. I was constantly trying to pursue the feeling I had when I got saved. This God high I was on. A mountain top experience. I have to come down to mountain top. I have to pursue the Holy Spirit wherever it will lead me. Why should I question where God is taking me? I must make sure it is God and question it in that way, but if I make a mistake, well I learned from it and it causes me to seek God more and more.

Let's try to take God out of the cage and follow where the Holy Spirit needs us to go. It will be a wild goose chase sometimes. We don't know where it will take us or when, but we do know that we will be doing the will of Christ wherever that is. That is a go and tell gospel.

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

There was an error in this gadget

Followers